PCI DSS Checklist
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of security standards designed to protect cardholder data. PCI DSS compliance is required for all organizations that process, store or transmit credit card data.
PCI DSS compliance is achieved by implementing the appropriate controls and procedures to protect cardholder data. Learn more about pci dss certification cost here. The PCI DSS checklist below outlines the key requirements for achieving compliance.
1. Install and maintain a firewall configuration to protect cardholder data
2. Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for system passwords and other security parameters
3. Protect stored cardholder data
4. Encrypt transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks
5. Use and regularly update anti-virus software
6. Develop and maintain secure systems and applications
7. Restrict access to cardholder data by business need-to-know
8. Assign a unique ID to each person with computer access
9. Restrict physical access to cardholder data
10. Track and monitor all access to network resources and cardholder data
11. Regularly test security systems and processes
12. Maintain a policy that addresses information security for all personnel
buy reddit upvotes